CAFA Tech 5G drone flight tests in Athens on October 20, 2020
Participants in the tests were: CAFA Tech (EST), Hepta Airborne (EST), NCSR “DEMOKRITOS” Research Center (GRE), COSMOTE (GRE), Municipality of Egaleo (GRE), Robots Expert (FIN), INFOLYSiS (GRE). Everyone worked hard and we found solutions. The day was challenging, but a good team spirit and joint effort helped us to achieve all the planned goals.
- NCSRD 5G Basestation and Edge Server solution set up in 2nd position and everything worked smoothly.
- CAFA Tech C2 software worked in Edge Server and all C2 communication worked over 5G.
- HEPTA C2 software QControl worked in Edge Server and all C2 communication worked over 5G.
- We made several manual flights to identify where 5G coverage is disappearing.
- We conducted co-existence flight at the end of the testing day:
CAFA Tech drone Mavic and Hepta drone flew at the same time: Hepta drone had a 5G phone on board, which transmitted C2 information between the NUC server QControl application and the drone. A 5G telephone was attached to the CAFA Mavic drone Remote Controller, which transmitted C2 information between the UGCS C2 application in the NUC server and the drone.
Hepta’s mission: climb to a height of 20m and hover at this level for 5 minutes.
CAFA drone mission: to make a circular flight around the Hepta drone at a height of 10 m and a radius of 20 meters from the Hepta drone, the flight length was 5 minutes.
At 16.15 both drones took off and at 16.22 both drones landed.
Thank you to all the participants, your contribution was extremely important to the success of the tests and to the realization of this Miracle!