CAFA Tech conducted first initial tests with DJI Mavic Pro drone and 5G smartphones.
November 1, 2019 CAFA Tech conducted first 5G drone test flight in Estonia
• Drone: DJI Mavic Pro
• Place: Tallinn, Estonia
• 5G network: Elisa (telecom operator) 5G NSA test network
• 5G smartphone: Huawei Mate 20X
• 4K video streaming application: Larix Broadcaster
• Upstream throughput: 25-47 Mbps
• Ping: 8-10 ms
1. Concept – using 5G smartphone for drone- is working.
5G smartphone has main functions without any additional developments costs: 5G communication device+4K video camera+ ca 25MP detailed photos for computer vision and analysing solutions+GPS+ ca 8GB RAM for onboard processing+ applications for doing speedtests etc.
2. DJI Mavic can fly with ca 180gr 5G smartphone.
5G drone DJI Mavic+Huawei Mate20X speedtest Tallinn